Well, I hope no one was expecting a masterpiece. It's not. But, it is exactly what I hoped for - to record insights and image making. Mine. To celebrate me and my life. I don't think I've recorded some of those thoughts ever. It was so simple. Having this blog helped me do it. Thank you.
Here's how I did it.
- Took a green stamp pad and rubbed all over the page.
- Took a dirty paint brush (it had sparkles in it) and rubbed water all over it.
- Sprayed a different color green dye in places.
- Let that dry. The page curled a bit but I could straighten it out.
- Printed my font.
- Used a light table to trace the lettering. See here.
- Freehand drew the ribbons as I went.
- Wrote text.
- Colored in ribbons with crayola markers.
- Added the date.
Oh!! I'm not going to wait until Monday to post the new inspiration word, introspection, and image making ideas. I'll post it at 5:00 tonight. I figured it would be nicer to have the weekend to work on it. We'll post again next Friday.