3/18/2009

Why I like It Wednesday - Color Me Mine

I just realized I hadn't posted for today. That's what happens when playing catch-up, forgetting the day you're on. Well, I finally did remember and for Why I Like it Wednesday and nicknames I wanted to post this painting - 
and talk about a place that I really, really like. First, the nickname I use for my husband is Boyfriend. I don't know exactly when I started using that but it's been years. I won't go into all the reasons why I call him that because it's not part of this post but I painted this cup (that I painted in this painting, if that makes sense) for him at a place called Color Me Mine. It's a little creative shop that has bisque pieces that you can choose from then paint however you want. They fire them and you can pick it up a few days later. I am all about personalizing things, making them unique. And in this shop you can do that. You can make it all your own. I've done several pieces and have gone with friends and family members and you don't have to be an 'artist' or a 'painter' to express yourself a little. If you have one near go try it out, let the creative inner painter out. It's fun. That's why I like it.

No comments: